As part of my plans to be more intentional about pursuing my dreams, I had traveled to the city of New York last weekend. I had a few meetings with potential contract manufacturers lined up for a new collection of bow ties and ties for Tols Creations. Though it was a very hectic weekend, I am so glad I made this trip because it was an eye opener. Plus, it was great having one of my lovely sisters come along for moral support 🙂
Though I had been to NYC several times and also lived there for over a year, I saw the city through a different lens on this particular trip. So here are a few discoveries I made while shuttling between Manhattan, Jersey City, Long Island & Brooklyn.
- A smile will take you places, so always put on a smile 🙂
- Travelling floods your mind with great ideas and wakes up new dreams.
- Men’s clothing is very interesting and exciting
- NYC really is inspiring…although the hustle is intense!
- NYC will teach you some interesting life skills (such as being able to flawlessly apply a full face of makeup while on an aggressively moving train).
- Be thankful always! Even when you cannot pay your rent/mortgage (at least you have a home), there a lots of homeless people in NYC (and other cities too).
Have a great week ahead and keep pushing!